2.07.2015

The Off Hours

Most days, I get back to 1715 Mill River Great Barrington Road around 6 pm. My stomach is rumbling and therefor first course of duty is the fill it. My first week of work I had angel hair pasta almost every night. Since then, I've been eating more balanced meals, I promise. Miso soup, pork chops & fried rice with bok choy & butternut, and John made excellent burgers and fries roasted in bacon grease this past Wednesday...fyi, apple auto corrects bok choy to "boo toy."

Johnny is at the apartment on and off. I joke that we are destined to be at the apartment when the other is not there. This is actually the first weekend since I moved in that we both are present. Tony and Sam frequently stop by and it is nice to have them and Tikka. Poe hides when anyone else is around especially Tikka.

When it is just me, I enjoy eating my dinner and cuddling with Poe. Sometimes I will turn on an episode of Friends, New Girl, or Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries while I eat. When not sucked into the computer, some evenings I will do a little yoga or indoor exercises such as jumping jacks and squats however all and all I am in the "winter weight" swing of things. I look forward to anything above 25 degrees, days light enough long enough, and no wind so I may start running again. Then I read a little, journal a little, and go to bed.

This morning I happily finished a book I had started when I first moved in "North and South" by Elizabeth Gaskell and have moved onto Tom Robbins' "Still Life With Woodpecker." It is my first Tom Robbins novel and I am truly delighted!

Tomorrow I plan on taking my first adventure in the Taconic Wilderness and go cross country skiing before attending the first evening of a weeklong intensive about biodynamics. Wohoo!


That is a short update for now. I will try to think of something more enthralling to write about next time.



1 comment:

  1. Aw lookit Poe :) Your life sounds cool Lisa, the biodynamics intensive sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

:)