6.21.2011

Live Blogging Foods with Anders - Vol. 1

You come for pictures of the garden, you stay for Live Blogging Foods with Anders. In this section of WLGYLS, I will be taste-testing a new food, and describing that experience to you in real time.

Today's review comes courtesy of the good people at Yoplait. Now, I am not a Yoplait connoisseur. I'm your standard, every day Blueberry, Strawberry, and French Vanilla kind of guy. I buy them in bulk(!) and devour them the same way.

However, on a recent evening, I was met with a conundrum of sorts. We were running out of key ingredients for my weekly lunch, which needed immediate resolution. So, at the risk of running askew tradition, I stopped by my local grocer for the items in need. One of which, of course, was yogurt.

What I saw there astounded me. The fine people of Yoplait in fact make a variety of yogurt flavors! Like a sign from the heavens, I was dropped into a world of plentiful flavors. This regular old vanilla ice cream guy was going to expand his horizons -- maybe to vanilla ice cream with sprinkles! I tossed a few into my carriage and skipped down the aisle. And a recurring blog post was born.

So, without further adieu, Yoplait Original Mixed Berry Yogurt!

First: I have lifted the lid and a bit of yogurt has nested upon my thumb. A quick taste. Inconclusive.

Now for the full lick of the yogurt lid. Looking behind me, nobody watching. OKAY! Now we're talking. I am really tasting a mix of berries here, people.

A spoonful: Eh. It's fine. I mean, it's good. It's fine-good. Like, if they made a bulk(!) variety pack including Mixed Berry, I would be fine with that. As in, they're all good.

Rapid-fire spoonfuls: I'm starting to wonder, what mix of berries? A quick review of the label tells me: blueberries, raspberries*, strawberries, blackberries*. Okay, I see where you're headed with this.

*Side note: I do not care much for raspberries or blackberries by their lonesome. I feel like this is their moment to shine for me.

Last spoonful: A criticism -- lacking in the real fruit bits department. Caught myself a blueberry towards the end here, which is a nice treat. I feel like my bulk(!) yogurts are just a little bit fruitier.

Conclusion: It's fine-good. I would eat this yogurt again. (Unlikely. Unless they start including it in the bulk(!) pack.)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha you totally picked mixed berry as a hail to Pam Beasley! :)

    ReplyDelete

:)