6.14.2011

Super Duper Knitting Adventure Blanket!





Hey guys!!


When I got sick, I got the idea of knitting a big cozy wool blanket - but not just any wool blanket!  I'm going to knit lots of 10-ish inch squares with all different kinds of knitting stitches, cables, patterns, and color-work.  So far it has been really fun.  Ten inch squares are just big enough to learn a new pattern or stitch and then start to get bored with it so it's working out really nicely. :)


I'm knitting with a few basic rules -


My current Paton's stash :)


>  I've only been using Paton's classic wool
>  I always use size 8 needles
>  and I always start with as close to 40 stitches as possible (never more than 40 stitches).


The size of the squares varies with each pattern, but I think it'll only add to the awesomeness of the blanket.  Also, once the squares are ready to put together I'll probably block them to get them closer in size.


Here are some pictures and patterns for what I've done so far!  If any of you guys want to do a square or two that'd be awesome (and it would add more awesomeness value to the blanket when its done <3 MOM - Don't even pretend like you don't have a 30 gallon size plastic container full of Patons Wool, hehehe).


Simple Basket Weave









annnnnnnd (drumroll!) here's the block I'm working on right now - 

It's a really pretty textured small blocks stitch that I got from my awesome "essential stitch collection" knitting book:



 I'm having sooo much fun with this you guys!  Stay tuned for updates! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I too am working on a blanket!

    I've lost some enthusiasm for it, (starter like, back in Feb. and haven't made much of a dent) but I'd like to get back into it.

    I love this idea of using all different stitches. The Geometric square is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to pick one that you would like, I would say the Geometric Square. Somehow it's very Caroline. :)

    My goal is to do at least a square a week...we'll see how that goes, haha.

    ReplyDelete

:)