11.08.2015

Strong Woman seeks Strong Man - A (sort-of) Personal Ad

Being a single woman often times suits me very well - perhaps EXTREMELY well. I enjoy autonomy and venturing out to see if I can face new things on my own. However, this independent woman would still like a companion to have adventures with and lean upon. We are put upon this earth with other human beings for a reason. Besides, the future of our humanity depends on our mating ritual. (Albeit I will admit that this part has not been such a challenge. Men love sex too much. I need to find the one that wants commitment as well as sex).

Frequently I find myself pondering why for four years have I been sans relationship? I can hypothesize and there are certainly elements in these years that have contributed to this: moving twice, healing from a previous relationship, struggling with southern gender dynamics. And after a woman pursued me this past spring/summer, I thought deeply on whether I've been single because I've been dating the wrong gender. In the end, I came to the conclusion that I do like men.

I'm sure that there are professionals out there who could help me be "more datable" or give me some tricks to snag all the men and I'll admit, that does sound fun.

This is not my plan however. My plan is perhaps too simplistic - to continue on the way I am and to appreciate the little and big things along the way. And I will most likely continue to ponder my singleness as well.

I plan on continuing to have cuddle and selfie sessions with Poe. To cook nice breakfasts on weekend mornings. To go exploring in the woods. To go out dancing (or have a David Bowie dance party at home). To practice yoga. To read. To try to write more. To spend time with my family and friends and enjoy singing to the radio on the car ride there. To engage in my work and the people I work with. To drink lots of tea. To splurge every once in a while on a nice meal or article of clothing. To dick around on Facebook. To look forward to the next season/episode of ANTM.

So universe, if you know of a single man (or maybe not-yet-single man) who would perhaps get along with a woman who likes to do the above mentioned things, feel free to put them in my path and give me a little smack if I am not noticing them there. Universe, I do have some preference for men if I could be so lucky - that they too have some enjoyment of outdoor activities. They will not shy away from heavier topics such as social justice issues. Decent looking - scruff or facial haired is a plus.

I have faith that some day this strong woman will meet a strong man to share in life together.

2 comments:

  1. LISA <3!! He is out there. He is waiting for you <3
    "The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along."~Rumi

    ReplyDelete

:)