7.11.2016

Looking for love, finding comedy

Maybe it was watching all those Disney princess movies. Maybe it was those many car rides in the back of my parent's wagon listening to Delilah's love songs after dark. Or maybe we are biologically programming to search for “it.”
As a kid, I was sure I was going to meet my “one true love” by 26, be married by 28, and start a family by 30. I don't remember having a doubt in my head that this would be true.
My reality has been quite different. Now at age 28, my life is sans any romance at all. My last relationship ended when I was not yet 24 and while I've fallen a few times since then, no relationship has budded.
So here I sit, a single woman. It's not that I mind being singe. I actually wonder if single life suits me better than one with a partner. I've grown accustomed that my living quarters be just so and can deal with my own mess significantly better than I can handle others. I can listen to whatever music I want at any time and ridiculously dance around in my underwear (again at any time). My cat keeps me fair enough company and I can talk to her without anyone to think me strange. Getting caught masturbating is also not a concern.
And yet, I still wish to find someone to be with. I miss cooking with someone else. Someone to cook for and to cook for me. Goofing around and then goofing around ;). And gosh do I miss the feeling of skin on skin.
My 4+ years of being single has finally led me to that dreaded place of ONLINE DATING. Gosh gee willikers. I never thought it would be me. I always assumed that I would be one of the lucky ones to meet someone else in real life (not to say that I won't). And it's not to say that I am undatable. Honestly, I think that I am a pretty good catch. But enough people now have asked me “Well have you tried online dating?” Even my chiropractor told me that she heard of something recently and thought of me before writing “spiritualsingles.com” on a piece of paper and handing it to me with this all knowing look in her eye.
csmoore13 himself in the "inspired" picture
Thus this past Saturday evening after a morning of drinking bloodys and feeling that high you get after a new hair cut, I signed up for OkCupid. It has been two days. And there have been quite a few messages.
Most messages are quite lack luster. “Hey what do you do for work?” A smiley emoji wearing sunglasses. “Ooooh a cat lady.” (My profile pic, the same as my Facebook, is me with Poe). Or as grotesque as “Hello. Nice pussy.” eliciting an immediate block on my end.
My favorite has been the guy who took a similar picture of him and his cat and proceeded to make it his new profile picture and telling me just that. “Your picture inspired me. I had to take a similar one, though it's not as good.” Yessssss, csmoore13 you've caught my crazy and I can't wait to message you back! When can we meet up?

Who know what will come of my online dating experience and I've barely stuck my toe in the water. But hey, if this doesn't work out, at least I got some good laughs.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck out there on the interwebz! Let us know hot it goes! Also, that dude's cat is cute as hell. And it's cute that he changed his picture.

    Is your new haircut awesome?

    I <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you message him back? Is he as awesome as I think he could be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST saw this! Cripes! My email seems to think these writings are spam, while I certainly do not!
    You deserve the absolute best, Lisa love!! He's looking for you too, I just know it <3
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

:)