11.04.2014

Breaking News Update!

I know it's not Tuesday night yet but I'm so excited about this blog thing! It's lonely moving to a new city and I'm happy to be catching up with you peeps more often. I just want to update you guys about our new life here in Denver! With pictures! And run-on sentences! First, the important things:



As you can see Puff and I have been spending a lot of time together doing yoga and practicing our selfies. I have a lot of free time these days since my classes don't start up until the spring. I teach after school part-time, but that's it. At first I thought, "Awesome! I'll have so much time, and I'll get so much done, and I'll always clean the apartment, and I'll always cook stuff, and I'll do yoga every day!" But apparently when I'm left to my own devices with lots of free time I'm not that productive! I went from being crazy busy and having lots of connections with the community on the Cape, to having tons of free time and not knowing anybody in a giant city. It's a difficult adjustment but I'm working on it. I'm looking for a yoga class to teach, and I'm crocheting a blanket, and I'm doing some art stuff. I made some ungulate-inspired Christmas cards, here's one: 


I'm going to get them printed soon. Also my job is pretty cool. I teach computer skillz after school for students that really need it. Here's me and some of my kids: 


Look at those amazing spreadsheets and graphs! The program is great for keeping kids busy after school, and many of the kids are delightful. 

Antonio is kicking butt! He just finished a month of classroom training for his new job at Union Pacific and he was third in his class! Today is his second day of on-the-job training where he gets to play with the trains. He's had many interesting jobs in the time I've known him, but this is the most excited I've ever seen him about a job. It's a really great opportunity for him and he's already obsessed with it. He would like me to share with you this picture of him in all his gear: 


He's so visible. So the best part of living here is that there is so so much amazing stuff to do! We've gone on like a million hikes already, and we went on a Colorado safari,  and we've been to a bunch of street festivals in Boulder, and we went to a donut shop that has donuts shaped like penises and voodoo dolls! Even going to international supermarkets is exciting for us (coming from Cape Cod). Everything is new. Now that Antonio is working for real now and doesn't have to study like crazy we've got some money and time to really explore and do cool things! And we're starting to meet people and make friends too! Yay! 

Some not cool stuff that has happened includes Puff getting sick (he's ok now though) and me getting into a car accident. No one was hurt and both cars could drive away, but it was my fault and now I get to tour the Denver court system. So fun. But even though there are tough days Antonio and I are glad we moved here. It's a new adventure that we get to experience together, and we feel lucky that it has gone so well so far. We love you guys (time to get sappy), and are so appreciative to have friends that we can stay close to and depend on even though we're far away and all doing different things. I can't wait to hear more about what you all are doing.

Infinite x's and o's!

Alanna and Antonio

4 comments:

  1. Alaaaannnnaaaaaa! I'm so glad you didn't wait til tonight either! (and that I checked my personal email during work, shhhhhh). I wish I could reach through the computer screen and give you a giant hug!

    Glad you are looking on the rosy side of the hedges and being all bad-ass adventuresome.

    Those selfie practice seshes are really paying off! Well done. And tell Antonio that I said "you're looking pretty spiffy."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liiisssaaa!! I can feel the virtual hugs. Thanks you :)

      Delete
  2. "He's so visible" hahaa I just lol'd in my cube.

    I want to hear more about this mystical "Colorado safari" you speak of.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The safari was so cool! It was a bus tour through an animal sanctuary and it was completely free! I don't know if we went on a good day or what, but we saw so many animals! Coyotes, deer, different kinds of ducks and hawks, bald eagles and bison! It was awesome.

      Delete

:)