11.03.2014

White Tops

My job is a two-headed beast. Maybe that isn't quite the right use of the phrase, and my job does have two main facets - one indoors in an office, the other, outside in the dirt and sunshine.

The dirt and sunshine are two of my favorite things about my work. I get to soak in the rays and listen to the birds and sing at full volume to no ones disturbance except my co-workers. No one cares what I look like most of the time. We are required to wear our Project GROWS t-shirts (men's cut and so even a small looks like a moo-moo on me) when groups or visitors are coming out to the farm. There is a luxury in rolling out of bed in the morning, throwing on the same pairs of 2 or 3 pants/shorts and a Project GROWS' t-shirt before moseying downstairs for a cup of tea and my morning routine.

Office time is sporadic at best during growing season. We run in and out of our co-working space to print brochures, reconcile bank statements, meet with partners, and more. Out of growing season, I get to dress up! As much as I like not giving a damn about my clothes, I love me some funky outfits. Some day, I will share with you the wonders of a pair of purple overalls my sister gave me for Christmas last year.

And the in and out of the office and farm still goes on, such as it was today. And my skinny jeans, fake-frye boots, and white sweater made it out to the farm...and mowed grass, and pulled turnips and carrots.

And that, my friends, is how my street clothes turn into work clothes.

Abra cadabra!

2 comments:

  1. Magic! Now you just have to start wearing your gnome shoes to parties and then your work clothes will turn into street clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Lisa!!! I love thinking of you out there singing in fields, pullin' turnips and wearing faux frye boots <3!!!!! And what's this about purple overalls?!??!

    ReplyDelete

:)