11.20.2014

First World Problems

We all complain about little things every day, but we should remember how privileged we are just to be able to complain about them. 

Also this is late again...I'm pretty sure I should just post on Thursdays. :)

Here are 12 of my First World Problems.
  1. When I accidentally put on two different shoes, or two different color socks...I'm privileged to own more than one pair.

  2. When I can't find my keys, or my cell phone, or I've lost something else in my house...I'm privileged to have a home large enough to lose things in.

  3. When I have 3 loads of laundry to do...I'm privileged to have clean clothes to wear every day, and a cozy bed with clean sheets.

  4. When I get annoyed at the people that get in my way during a busy evening at Whole Foods...I'm privileged to have access to, and to be able to afford, healthy food.

  5. When my flight is delayed...I'm privileged just to be able to get on an airplane and travel for leisure.

  6. When my mom calls when I'm busy at work, just to ask me to google something for her...I'm privileged to have a mom to call me up at all.

  7. When the wifi is down, or my computer shuts down during an inopportune time to install Windows updates...I'm privileged to have access to a computer.

  8. When I burn my tongue on hot coffee or soup or a slice of pizza...I'm privileged to know the taste of hot food.

  9. When I have to wash the dishes...I'm privileged to have access to clean and hot water.

  10. When my car battery dies in the depths of winter...I'm privileged to have a car at all.

  11. When the cats get into my knitting bag and roll balls of yarn all over the floor...I'm privileged just to be able to buy yarn for a hobby, and to have two pet kitties.

  12. When Jake puts the seat and the lid down on the toilet, and I sit my bare ass on the ice-cold porcelain without realizing it...I'm privileged to have a husband that puts the seat down at all. :P

4 comments:

  1. Aw this was sweet, perspective is always good. That cat with the yarn everywhere made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww hooray!! I love this! A definite good reminder of how blessed we are <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. There should be "love" and "like" buttons for blog posts. Well, then I would have to love them all. Again, first world problems. I am so lucky to have friends who care and realize the bigger picture!

    ReplyDelete

:)