11.18.2014

The Anticipatory (not so) First Snow

11/18/14

8:45 AM EST

Part II:

The wind incessantly rattled my storm window this morning disrupting my sleep a multitude of times before the chime of my alarm at 6:47. This made me upset. I am always made upset by interruptions in sleep.

The air was frigid at the wonderful 48 degrees we have the thermostat set at. My blinds were not closed all the way so I was able to prop myself up in bed, mostly staying under covers, to see sun and green. No white. No snow.

Disappointed and cold, I stayed in bed for another hour, dozing on and off, before formulating a game plan: crossing the steps to first put on wool socks, then the other layers, as quickly as possible. The trip downstairs greeted me with warmth and our tea kettle. How 55ish degrees can feel like Nassau when you sleep in Greenland!

Half an avocado, an uninspired breakfast this morning, and a cup of chai/matte blend later, I am now sitting at the computer, with Part II and ready to start the day.

6 comments:

  1. You're nuts with your heat settings. It must be an evolutionary advantage of some sort haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you implying that I have evolved past you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. evolved to withstand frigid temperatures. I wouldn't call it evolving past me...maybe it's those French Canadian roots? haha

      Delete
  3. I concur. You are crazy with your heat settings. You wouldn't know what to do in our current apartment: it's so efficient the heat barely turns on. I've never seen it go below 67 degrees.

    Chai matte sounds good.....You should make some soup to warm you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to start knitting!!! Holy shmoly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for one have decided to put on double of everything except bra!!! lol So far it has worked out fine until I get undressed at the end of the day, It's easy to get dressed but a challenge to undo!

    ReplyDelete

:)