11.27.2014

Superwoman

My sister, Stefanie, is an incredible woman. She is wacky and kooky and those are some of her best features. 

Race finish with my family
For example, and Nina and Pat already know this story so forgive me, my sister was kind enough to pick up my race packet for the Santa Hustle Half Marathon. The packet pick-up was at the mall, a place she worked for three years with a LOT of face time. She went to the table and gave my name as that was the person she was picking up for.

"Oh! You must be Stefanie's sister?!" said the man behind the table.

In a split second decision is which the thought process was 1) if I tell them yes, my name is Lisa, then 2) they will just hand over her packet to me, Stef said, "Yeah. I am."

Stefanie this morning
The man behind the table starting talking about how he knew Stef (to Stef). My sister started to become embarrassed with a lot of smiling and nodding. Another race volunteer, also an acquaintance of Stef, approached the table. Man #1 introduces Stef as me to Woman #1.

"Wow!" she says, "if I saw you on the street I would have sworn you were Stefanie. You two must be identical!"

"Uh huh. People say we look like twins." Stefanie is getting more and more uncomfortable and can't wait to receive the race bag across the table.

Stefanie notices another volunteer approaching the table. This woman she knows pretty well too. Stef grabs the bag, says thank you, and immediately walks away from the table and calls me in order to look "busy."


Albie, the more photogenic
This is my awesome older sister who got the Santa Hustle Race to come to Maine in the first place, this morning walked in the Macy's Day Parade holding a tether to the Snoopy and Woodstock Balloon (we were all glad it was a cool balloon), and will join our family either tonight or tomorrow to enjoy the holiday celebration. She works full-time while getting her masters in business administration and taking care of two of the cutest dogs I know.

Cheers to you, Stef! Today, and every day, I am thankful for you.

2 comments:

  1. This was so cute. And it must have been magical for her to be in the parade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, Stef is funny. I could never have pulled that off, I would have started laughing or something. Cute post :)

    ReplyDelete

:)